You can call helpline 1712 every weekday by dialling 1712. Choose your province and you’ll be connected.

  • The call is free of charge.
  • The call is anonymous
  • Your call to 1712 will not appear on your phone bill.
  • You don’t have to say who you are

Call 1712

If you need urgent assistance, call 101 for urgent police assistance or 112 for urgent medical assistance.

What can you expect?

A professional counsellor listens to your story, gives information and advice and looks for the best solution together with you.

  • We take the time to listen to you.

  • We provide information about the meaning of violence and abuse, and how the care and justice system work.

  • We tell you what your rights are and how you can react to situations of violence.

  • We give advice.

  • Together, we assess the risks of the situation and discuss the actions you could take.

  • We leave the decisions to you. Unless you, or the person you’re calling about, are in danger, we take action.

  • We can refer you to a General welfare centre (in Dutch: Centrum Algemeen Welzijnswerk or CAW), a Trust centre for Child Abuse (in Dutch: Vertrouwenscentrum Kindermishandeling) or another service.

Call 1712